1. About 3,000 people died at the World Trade Center in 2001.
2. About 300,000 people have died in two American wars since 2001.*
3. About 400,000 Americans have died in car crashes since 2001.
4. About 2,000 people around the world are suspected to be conspiring against the United States.
5. About 200,000 Americans are employed spying on those 2,000.**
100 deaths for each death.
100 spies for each suspect.
We are not safer now than in 2001. Probably less. Maybe 100 times less.
** The New York Review Of Books, Our Secret American Security State